Sunday, April 11, 2010

Garbage Enzyme

I decided to give garbage enzyme a try to get first hand experience on how effective it is. It took me quite awhile to get all the ingredients ready because I have been procrastinating on it. You can find the required ingredients here. The first item required is a good bottle because it has to be stored in this bottle for 3 months.
I chose a leftover Choya bottle from Chinese New Year because it looks good with its opaque walls and white cap. Besides, it is good for the environment to reuse items (Bottom).
The next ingredient is brown sugar (Bottom). This can be found in almost any hypermarket. I got myself a big pack in Jusco for just a few ringgit.
For the main ingredients of either vegetables or fruits or combined, I have chosen red chilies because of the striking colour effect (1st Bottom). Another reason I have chosen chillies is because I have a gut feeling that using them will make my enzyme more effective. I have also added two slices of lemon in because the enzyme apparently smells best when lemon is used (2nd Bottom). 
Once I have all the ingredients set, firstly, I filled the bottle with brown sugar up to 1/14 of its volume (Bottom).
Next, I gently placed the lemon slices at the bottom of the bottle, one at a time (Bottom).
Then, I stuffed all the chilies into the bottle (Bottom). In total, the volume of veggies and fruities should only be 3/14 of the bottle volume. Although it might looked alot, the chilies were actually mostly hollow so the combined volume is probably within the the right amount.
Next, I tightened the cap of the bottle (Bottom).
 
Finally, I topped up the bottle with tap water which should amount to 10/14 of the volume.
Now that all the steps were done, I stored the bottle in cool and dry place (Bottom). The Garbage Enzyme should be ready in 3 months from now. It is a good idea to open the cap every week after the first month to released trapped gas. In the mean time, I'll wait for 3 months so check out this space in that time to find out how my Garbage Enzyme turns out.

2 comments:

Julia said...

A very creative effort!! wow I'm impressed! hehe and for a good cause too.

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article.
I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info.
Thanks for the post. I will certainly comeback.

My blog vigrx