Thursday, August 27, 2009

Laos Day 01 Vattay Airport

Conveyor Belt in Vattay Airport
After close to 3 hours of flight time from KL on Airasia, I was so glad that I have touched down at Vattay airport, Laos. The first impression of the airport was good. The interior of the aiport looks clean and well kept.
After passing through the immigration counter, we are out at the waiting area. The immigration here is tight, as to be expected since this is a communist country . However, I do love the way they safeguard my luggages. The number of my boarding pass must match the number of my luggage tag before they allow me to leave. So no worries!

Just next to the international airport is the domestic airport. If I wasn't really looking for it, I'll definitely miss it. It looks like a warehouse more than anything else.

Earlier, we have already booked our tickets to Luang Prabang at the Lao-air website. Their tag line "You're safe to fly with us" raised my eye-brows. A real confidence booster I must say, what more could I ask for? The view from the plane during the flight was fantastic though.
Yippee, we have finally arrived at Luang Prabang airport 45 mins later. My fear was misplaced as the flight was excellent. The flight attendant was friendly and the journey was certainly safe.Just a random photo of the immigration counter. Right behind this, is the conveyor belt where at the time when this photo was taken, the arrivals have congregated to pick their luggages.A cab to the town would costs USD6. For the interested, USD1 = 8,500kips. Sa-bai-dee. We are finally in UNESCO heritage site of Luang Prabang, Laos.
Likes: The slow pace of life
Dislikes: Kerosene smell in the domestic airport check-in counter!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Nice write-up!
Oh yes, I have nearly forgotten about that weird kerosene smell. :)