Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Laos 老挝

Happy New Year! Ah my wanderlust bug is back again!!
新年快乐!! 我又很想要旅游啦!!
This time around I’m aiming to go Laos. Now is probably the best time to visit because not only Airasia has just started flying to Vientianne beginning from mid of 2007, but also I have to be quick before the country gets too touristy.
这次我要去Laos。现在是最好的时间出去那边玩,因为Airasia 刚刚开始飞到Vientianne。另外我要快过其它的旅客去,如果不抓紧机会,Laos会缓缓越贵。呵呵。

I can give a hundred more excuses to visit Laos but just to name one, Laos has two of all the 14 Unesco Heritage site (Cultural) located in South East Asia.
Besides Laos, Indonesia has three (Borobudur Temple, Prambanan Temple & Sangiran Site), Philipines has two (Baroque Churches & Town of Vigan), Thailand has three (City of Ayutthaya, Town of Sukhotai & Ban Chiang Site), Vietnam has three (Hue Monuments, Hoi An Town & My Son Sanctuary) and Cambodia (Angkor Wat). Yes you've probably noticed it as well, Malaysia has none of course!
我还有很多很多的借口给我自己的,其中一个理由是在东南亚的十四个Heritage site (Cultural) 有两个是在Laos 里面。我想翻译每一个字但是我尚未够班。 算了吧,你可以读上面的英文字, 哈哈。

The sites located in Laos are Town of Luang Prabang & Vat Phou in Champasak Cultural Landscape. The former will be the place I’m looking forward to visit for now. Sure, I believe that Luang Prabang will not be able to upstage Angkor’s stunning beauty and imposing monuments but I have the whole town as a heritage site!! And apparently, it's an extremely laid back country as well. What more could I ask for??

After doing some quick research, a short summary of the travel plan will be flying Airasia from KL to Vientiane before taking a bus from Vientiane to Luang Prabang. The distance between Vientiane to Luang Prabang is approximately 350km (roughly from KL to Penang) but it takes about 10 hours by bus -_-”.
目前我想飞Airasia,在KL开始到Vientiane然后搭巴士到Luang Prabang。虽然Vientiane 和 Luang Prabang 的距离有350km,需要差不多10个种头。。。

So I figure the route taken must be something like this…
我猜测它用的路程应该跟下面的线很似。
I’ve benefited a lot from reading other bloggers travel experience so I thought I might as well share my travel experience. Hopefully they might end up helping someone else in return.

No comments: