Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day out in IKEA


IKEA at The Curve Damansara
I was looking for a new book shelf as the current one I have is long overdued. As usual, the very first place I look for a furniture would be in IKEA (Left), don't we all? I went there on a weekend but luckily it wasn't too packed. The trip was fruitful because I found something that catches my eyes and its name is Expedit.


What I am looking for in the book shelf is simplicity and be able to provide ample storage space for my books. My collection of books has been growing and without a good shelf, I am starting to find it difficult to look for a particular book. Appearance wise, I am subtly in favour of a shelf with thick outer frames because not only would it look classy but bold as well. Expedit seems to have both of these qualities. I did not, however, buy the shelf on that trip.
With the measurements of Expedit I collected, I took a few days to ensure that it can fit into the intended space in my room. Between the days, I also took the opportunity to clear off my current book shelf. Then on a week day, me and Julia visited IKEA again with the intention to purchase Expedit. Me at the warehouse's information counter (Bottom).
Warehouse of IKEA
Found my Expedit! (1st bottom). It consists of 3 segments A, B and C or was it 1, 2 and 3? Hmmm...nevermind. I am still wearing my office attires while unloading the boxes onto the push cart (2nd bottom).
Oooff.....they are definitely heavier than they look (Bottom). Thank goodness for the push carts.
Arranging the final box on the cart. Final check, 1....2....3 boxes yeap all done and set to go. We headed towards the cash counter for the last stop. 
I like the final product alot (Bottom). Below is the assembled Expedit being utilised. 

1 comment:

Julia said...

EXPEDIT-ion was a success! ;)